Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm an Uncle...Again!

Actually, I'm an uncle twice, again. What I mean is that I now have two more nieces as of Saturday. Yep, in case you're wondering, they were born on the same day. Madison Jean ( I love that name, Madison) and Lilly Jane are the newest members of my extended family. It's really crazy how different they are, physically, I mean. Maddie weighs about 3/4 what Lilly weighs and she's smaller too. When she curls her legs up and she's wrapped up, she seems even smaller than she really is. I unfortunately didn't get to see Lilly very much because it was late at night and her mom was tired, not to mention how tired I was after an hour and a half of a hospital waiting room. My older brother Joe, who is Lilly's father, was taking pictures throughout the whole thing and did a fantastic job. He's totally a natural, but that's to be expected. He's such an artist, so I didn't take so many pictures of them, knowing that he's got it well under control.

These are pictures of Lilly.





Grandpa (Dad) likes to whistle through his teeth at babies. It's fun to watch.





And here are pictures of Maddie.





Grandma (Mom) was just loving it! I would have thought that it was her birthday, twice, by how happy she was.


I promise that this packaged baby has a head. Now you see what I mean when I tell you that she is tiny.


2 comments:

Beth Benson said...

Tender :)

Melissa said...

So cute! And random that they were born the same day. Congrats!